The Public Relations Committees primary responsibility is publicizing MCECC hosted events to the San Antonio Muslim community as well as the larger faith community of San Antonio through networking with opinion leaders, news media, congregants and community networks. All requests for official statements from the MCECC must be directed to the Public Relations Committee.
Public Relations Committee
Women Affair Committee
Organize women’s educational and social activities
- Actively invite and engage sisters in the community to plan, develop and deliver programs that suit their needs
- Identify barriers and challenges faced by Muslim sisters in daily living in North America and offer solutions through consultations and advice
- Pay special attention to adolescent Muslim girls and mentor them so that they can practice their religion in school, university, workplace and the community
- Invite women of other faith to the Center to educate them about the differences and characteristics of Islam
Reverts Affair Committee
The Revert committee aims to strengthen our Ummah by providing support to reverts, and those considering reverting in the San Antonio area. Support consists of answering questions, and helping reverts with the various struggles they face in a non-judgmental environment. We also conduct regular social activities such as Eid lunches, to let our Revert brothers and sisters know they are not alone in the community.
Please fill out the form below to be included in announcements, dates of group discussions, and upcoming events Inshallah
Youths Affair Committee
The passing of a loved one is a traumatizing event not only for the deceased’s family, but also for friends and community members. The purpose of this committee is to help the family of the deceased with burial services in accordance with proper Islamic burial rights.
Services include the following:
- Notifying community members and announcing the plan for funeral
- Funeral preparations and burial arrangements
- Educating and preparing the community about the Islamic funerals through annual workshops
- Offer post-funeral services to the family
Medicine and Health Committee
The purpose of this committee is to work in tandem with El-Bari Clinic in providing free medical and educational services to the under-privileged community of San Antonio. The committee provides support to El-Bari Clinic. Individuals involved are responsible for assisting in our Sunday clinic and providing adequate help and support to community members.
- Organize health clinics at the Center
- Offer health education and awareness programs
- Brief the newcomers in the community about how to access health care and educate about insurance options
- Offer vaccination services during flu season and Hajj
- Pay special attention to the health of newborns, pregnant women and the elderly in the community
- Pay special attention to members of low income
Medicine and Health Committee
This committee is pivotal to the growth and future success of our community. The committee members are tasked with identifying potential problems the youth of today face and discover tactful ways of overcoming these hurdles. They will be responsible for organizing educational services and various activities, focusing not only on socializing, but also mentoring for different career options to the youths. The committee will be working closely with the Religious Director at the Center.
- Organize activities through classes, lectures and workshops for the youth (religious, social and educational).
- Organize diverse programs and activities to embed and nurture Islamic values and principles in the youth.
- Identify barriers and challenges faced by Muslim youth in daily living in North America and offer solutions through consultations/advice.
- Pay special attention to teenagers and mentor them so that they can practice their religion in school, university, workplace and the community.
- Invite youths of other faith to the Center to educate them about the differences and characteristics of Islam.